When raising our puppies we follow...
The Rule of Sevens
-- By the time a puppy is 7 weeks old, it should have:
1. Been on 7 different surfaces: carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl, grass, dirt, gravel, woodchips, etc…
2. Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items, wooden items, milk jugs, etc…
3. Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen, car, garage, laundry room, bathroom, crate, kennel, etc....
4. Met and played with 7 new people: include children and older adults.
5. Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and seek, go in and out a doorway with a step up or down, run around a fence...
6. Eaten from 7 different containers: metal, plastic, cardboard, paper, china, pie plate, frying pan, etc....
7. Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, laundry room, bathroom, x-pen, etc…
Written by Pat Schaap
All puppies are microchipped for permanent identification and registered with both the petlynx and M4S ID recovery programs
We feed and recommend either EUKANUBA PUPPY food or KIRKLAND PUPPY food for our puppies. After several years of trial and error we have found that we are pleased enough with both of these foods to comfortably recommend.
If you wish further information about how we raise our puppies or if you wish to have your name added to our reservation list for a puppy from a future litter, you may contact us either by phone (705)723-1604 or by email email@example.com (please include some information about yourself and what qualities you are looking for in a puppy or you may fill out and email us our on-line Puppy Application.
As it is important to us that puppies are purchased from reputable breeders and since we do not like to maintain a large waiting list for lengthy periods of time, if at the time you are looking and we have no puppies available or if we find you are to far out of our district for one of our puppies we would be more then happy to assist you in finding another reputable breeder in your area.
Please be advised;
- we do not air ship our puppies,
- all our puppies are sold on a CKC non-breeding agreement,
- we reserve the right to return all deposits and refuse to sell a puppy to any home we deem unsuitable at any time for any reason.
- we strongly suggest that you visit our Picking Puppies page and our English Cream Retriever page
Trout Creek, Ontario
Canine Theriogenology For Dog Enthusiasts
Dr. Root Kustritz, DVM PHD DACT Professor. Breeding management, reproductive disease, contraception and sterilization of dogs.